Thursday, 9 August 2012

THE PEPLUM

Burberry Prorsum A/W12 , Mary Katrantzou Fall 2012 , Elizabeth and James Fall 2012

Peplum is a short overskirt or ruffle attached at the waistline of a jacket, blouse, or dress. No matter how you wear it, it will always allow you to send out a classy vibe. As you can see, peplum has been making it's way into the autumn/winter fashion trend of 2012/13 through the collection from Burberry, Mary Katrantzou, Elizabeth and James, Dior and many more.

Personally I am not crazy about the whole peplum trend yet, I do love how they look really feminine by cinching in at the waist but I'm not ready for the peplum dresses. I don't have any suitable occasions for me to wear a full on peplum dress, they just remind me of a mature mid-age office lady, I'll just need some time to change that thought.

For now, I'll just stick with peplum tops which can be dressed up for parties and dressed down for a casual yet still sophisticated look. So below are some of my picks from the peplum trend...


Order from left to right:


I love the mesh detail to the cute collar with the bird print, the pretty coral colour of the bouble peplum top to the simple peplum top that can never go wrong. And the bralet and blazer have got to be my favourites!! 

Let me know what you think of the peplum trend, take care! :)

~Mannie

1 comment: