Saturday, 5 January 2013

DIY ★ Tartan circle/skater skirt


I've been on a skirts making frenzy! I didn't realise I have so much fabric that I've bought over the past years that I need to use, so what's better than to make them into pretty skirts that'll make me feel all cute and girly! The first two photos are circle/skater skirts and the last photo is an inverted pleat skirt (I did film the process but it will take me forever to edit the video) made with some alluring curtain-like fabric I found at the new fabric store.

Anyway, circle skirts are so versatile as they can easily be dressed up or down. Tartan is in for this season so I decided to make circle skirt with that pattern which looks so beautiful when I (try to) spin gracefully. So, if you would like to make one, here's a video on how to make it, it's pretty easy, I promise! Just a little maths is involved. :)


Do let me know what you think, and if you like the video, do subscribe to my channel.

Take care!
~Mannie

10 comments:

  1. Love it! thanks for sharing
    kisses and good night
    VOGUECITA
    http://voguecita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, love the skirts!! I was just wondering how you got the background of the pics to be blured? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing giveaway on my blog http://comeduegoccedacqua.blogspot.it/2013/01/giveaway-sissi-hand.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the skirts but the best one is dotty one i think. I follow you now would you mind follow each other ?:)

    popoutstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt, its so lovely
    XOXO
    Thiscanbeperfect.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow good job! Maybe I try this too, look so easy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great style

    Visit: http://trendybutterfly.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really awesome tutorial, you made it look so easy!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo pretty!! :) I was wondering would twill be too bulky for this type of skirt? I am a beginner at sewing, much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete